1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 8 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from those age 13 or under must be accompanied by written permission from a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
3. Entries must be received by 12 midnight GMT +1 on 30th December 2016. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. To enter join the Rick Riordan mailing list, the form is located here: http://www.rickriordan.co.uk/sign-up-to-newsletter. Then fill in all the data fields in the form, and tick the allocated boxes.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 12th January 2016. The first entry drawn will be the winner
7. The prize for the winner is an iPad Mini worth £220.00 and a copy each of Magnus Chase and The Sword of Summer and Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor.
8. The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
9. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified via email or post by 26th January 2016. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com, stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
12. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
13. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
14. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
17. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.